SAN JOSE, Calif., May 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Philips Lumileds today introduced the LUXEON 3535 2D, which combines two LED chips in a package to enable reduction in LED count and cost of designing retrofit lamps, consumer downlights and diffuse industrial lamps. Best-in-class efficacy of 140 lm/W is achieved for cool white light at 4000K and minimum 80 CRI.
"This is an exciting breakthrough, because lighting designers can take advantage of a high lumen package with high efficacy while using significantly fewer chips per fixture," says Rahul Bammi, VP of Product Management at Philips Lumileds. "For example, a 50W PAR20 lamp can be achieved using only four LEDs. Alternatively, a 40W A19 lamp that previously required 14 LEDs can now be created using only six."
The new mid-power LEDs are offered across a full spectrum of correlated color temperatures (2700K-6500K) with a minimum CRI of 80. Versions with CRI 70 for outdoor applications and CRI 90 for high end indoor applications are planned for future release.The LUXEON 3535 2D line operates at 0.5 – 1W, delivering up to 130 lumens in the compact 3535 form factor. Rated at 100mA, the LUXEON 3535 2D can be driven up to a maximum of 200mA. The LUXEON 3535 2D supports ENERGY STAR® certification requirements up to 25,000 hours at 85 degrees C and 150mA. Low-power LEDs In addition to the expansion of its mid-power offering, Philips Lumileds also introduced its first low-power LED solution today, the LUXEON 4014. This rectangular LED is a high efficacy LED that was designed to specifically address linear and omnidirectional lighting applications such as under-cabinet and cove, refrigerator lighting and the retrofit LED market. Delivered in a 4.0x1.4x0.7 mm footprint, the LUXEON 4014 line can achieve an efficacy of 160 lm/W at 4000K and CRI of 80.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV