9. -- Barnes & Noble (BKS) shares jumped more than 24% on Thursday to $22.08 on a report that Microsoft (MSFT) wants to buy B&N's Nook e-book division outright and may be willing to pay $1 billion for it.
10. -- McDonald's (MCD) plans to cut the Angus burger from its menu because of high beef prices.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts