-Raised $54 million in Recent Equity Offering-
CHICAGO, May 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Durata Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq:DRTX) today announced financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2013.
Financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2013As of March 31, 2013, we had cash and cash equivalents plus short-term investments of $46.7 million, compared to $45.4 million at December 31, 2012. Net loss for the three months ended March 31, 2013 (the "2013 Quarter") was $15.8 million, compared to a net loss of $8.3 million for the three months ended March 31, 2012 (the "2012 Quarter"). Research and development expenses for the 2013 Quarter were $11.1 million, compared to $6.8 million for the 2012 Quarter. The $4.3 million increase from the 2012 Quarter to the 2013 Quarter principally resulted from an increase of $2.5 million related to chemistry, manufacturing and control related expenses, an increase of $1.1 million in consulting expenses for the closeout of our DISCOVER 1 and DISCOVER 2 clinical trials and preparation of the NDA submission, and an increase of $0.6 million for personnel costs. General and administrative expense for the 2013 Quarter was $4.1 million, compared to $1.2 million for the 2012 Quarter. The $2.9 million increase from the 2012 Quarter to the 2013 Quarter principally resulted from an increase of $1.5 million for personnel costs, an increase of $0.9 million in legal and consulting fees and an increase of $0.4 million for insurance and other operating expenses to support our pre-launch activities and increased compliance requirements. Q1 2013 Highlights and Recent Events Our significant accomplishments include the following:
- Announced positive topline results for our DISCOVER 2 clinical trial in February.
- In March, borrowed $20.0 million from Oxford Finance LLC for general working capital purposes.
- Completed an equity offering in April, resulting in approximately $54.1 million of net proceeds before deducting costs payable by us.
- Presented new data demonstrating in vitro potency of dalbavancin against bacterial pathogens at the 23rd Annual ECCMID Meeting at the end of April.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV