- Business service revenues were $914 million, a 2 percent increase year-over-year
- Consumer broadband service revenues were $117 million, a 5 percent increase year-over-year
- Total business and consumer broadband revenues now represent 71 percent of total revenues
- Total revenues and sales were $1.5 billion, a decline of 2 percent year-over-year
- Adjusted OIBDA was $587 million, flat year-over-year
- Total enterprise customers grew 7 percent year-over-year
LITTLE ROCK, Ark., May 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Windstream Corp. (Nasdaq:WIN) today reported first-quarter results highlighted by continued growth in strategic revenues.
Total business and consumer broadband revenues grew 2 percent year-over-year and now represent 71 percent of the company's total revenues.
Windstream's business sales teams continued to successfully leverage the company's national footprint, extensive fiber network and advanced suite of products and services to drive sales and increase profitability during the quarter.Total enterprise customers, who generate $750 or more in revenue per month, grew 7 percent year-over-year. Average service revenue per business customer per month increased 6 percent from the same period a year ago. "Our vision at Windstream is to be the premier enterprise communications and service provider while maintaining our stable consumer business, which will result in substantial cash flows and long-term support of our current dividend," said Jeff Gardner, president and CEO. "We are successfully repositioning the company. Over the long term, we believe our strategy and investments will allow us to grow and increase shareholder value." Pro Forma Results Business service revenues were $914 million in the first quarter, a 2 percent increase year-over-year. Data and integrated services revenues were $400 million, an increase of 8 percent from the same period a year ago, primarily due to growth in integrated voice and data services, data center and managed services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV