AES Eletropaulo Invests R$ 144.7 Million In 1Q13
SAO PAULO, May 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Eletropaulo Metropolitana Eletricidade de Sao Paulo S/A, [BM&FBovespa: ELPL3, ELPL4; ADRs negotiated at US OTC Market] announced 1Q13 results.
The total market in AES Eletropaulo's concession area grew by 2.2% in 1Q13 to 11,401 GWh. The 0.6% rise in the captive market in the quarter resulted from 3.8% higher consumption by the residential class, due to an increase in real income in the Sao Paulo Metropolitan Area early in the year. The commercial and industrial classes also recorded increases against 1Q12, of 5.1% and 2.0% respectively, not including the effect of client migration to the Free Contracting Environment (FCE).
Regarding the financial performance, the Company remains committed to cost management, aiming productivity gains and operational efficiency. The benefits obtained will partially offset the negative impact of the tariff reset, achieving a reduction of R$ 100 million in manageable PMSO versus 2012 manageable PMSO corrected by inflation. Manageable PMSO (Personnel, Material, Services and Other) in the quarter fell by 3.4% whereas the inflation in the period came to 8.0%. Adjusted EBITDA amounted to R$208.9 million in 1Q13, rising by 34.7% against 1Q12, when adjusted EBITDA stood at R$155.1 million.
AES Eletropaulo invested R$ 144.7 million in 1Q13, mostly allocated to system and client services expansion so as to cope with the market growth and mitigate the risk of interruptions of the regular and emergency supply. Thus, SAIDI and SAIFI of the last 12 months ended march 2013 presented significant reduction of 13.4% and 9.7%, respectively, reflecting the continuous search for improvement of operating indicators.Conference Call / Webcast PRESENTATION: Britaldo Soares – Chief Executive Officer Mr. Rinaldo Pecchio Junior – CFO and Investor Relations Officer DATE : Thursday, May 09 th, 2013 TIME: 17:30 (BR) / 4:30 p.m. (EST) CONNECTION:
- Brazil: (+55 11) 4688-6361
- USA: (1-855) 281-6021
- Other countries: (1 786) 924-6977
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV