The One Show Announces 2013 Winners
NEW YORK, May 08, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The One Club ( www.oneclub.org) announced today the winners for the 40 th Annual One Show Awards, the most prestigious worldwide competition celebrating the year's best in advertising. There were 554 winners from 34 countries who emerged from a competitive pool of over 11,500 submissions.
McCANN/ Melbourne secured highest honors by winning Best of Show for its work, "Dumb Ways to Die," for Metro Trains in The One Show's "Integrated Branding – Public Service Announcement" category. P&G won Client of the Year for their work with Old Spice, Tide and their "Best Job" campaign that ran during the 2012 Olympics in London.
Overall, there were 34 Gold Pencil winners, 38 Silver Pencil winners, 20 Bronze Pencil winners and 462 Merit winners who were honored today at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center in New York City.
"McCANN/ Melbourne managed to tap into something special with 'Dumb Ways to Die,' as shown by the 50 million-plus views on YouTube," said Mary Warlick, CEO of The One Club. "They turned what might have been a morbid topic into a funny, catchy spot that charmed and, more importantly, raised awareness."The following are among the most highly awarded agencies of The One Show 2013, all of which won Gold Pencils for the following work: Wieden + Kennedy/ Portland for "Best Job" (client: P&G); Barton F. Graf 9000/ New York for "A Long Day of Childhood" (client: Ragu); BBH/ London for "Three Little Pigs" (client: The Guardian); Droga5/ New York for "Help! I Want to Save a Life" (client: Help Remedies/DKMS); and Wieden + Kennedy/New York for "The Name" (client: ESPN). "There's been a departure from the slapstick humor that dominated beer commercials in recent years and a rise in more thoughtful humor as well as an emphasis on in-depth storytelling," added Ms. Warlick.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV