TORONTO, May 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Sun Life Financial Inc. (TSX: SLF) (NYSE: SLF) is pleased to announce that Réal Raymond was elected to the Board of Directors at its annual meeting of common shareholders held this afternoon.
Mr. Raymond spent his 37-year career with National Bank of Canada where he was President and Chief Executive Officer from 2002 until he retired in May 2007. He is a director of Heroux-Devtek Inc. and Metro Inc., both public companies. Mr. Raymond is also Chairman of the Board of Directors of Aéroports de Montréal and a director of the Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer of the Université de Montréal.
Mr. Raymond is a Fellow of the Institute of Canadian Bankers. He holds a Master of Business Administration degree from Université du Québec à Montréal. Mr. Raymond received an honorary doctorate from Université du Québec à Montréal School of Management in May 2007, and in October 2008 he became Chancellor of Université du Québec à Montréal.
About Sun Life FinancialSun Life Financial is a leading international financial services organization providing a diverse range of protection and wealth accumulation products and services to individuals and corporate customers. Chartered in 1865, Sun Life Financial and its partners today have operations in key markets worldwide, including Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, India, China, Australia, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia and Bermuda. As of March 31, 2013, the Sun Life Financial group of companies had total assets under management of C$571 billion. For more information please visit www.sunlife.com. Sun Life Financial Inc. trades on the Toronto (TSX), New York (NYSE) and Philippine (PSE) stock exchanges under the ticker symbol SLF. Note to Editors: All figures in Canadian dollars. SOURCE Sun Life Financial Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV