Starting MSRP: $33,600
The mother of all mom-mobiles, the XC70 and its predecessors the Volvo V70 and Volvo 850 have been offering U.S. parents the Swedish automaker's legendary safety equipment for some two decades.
The XC70 not only boasts Volvo's famous steel-cage construction, but also comes standard with cutting-edge safety systems such as brakes that kick in automatically if an onboard computer senses an imminent collision.There are plenty of great optional safety devices as well, such as a collision-warning system that flashes a red light on the dashboard if a built-in radar notices the car in front of you has stopped suddenly. (Despite the XC70's safety focus, neither the IIHS nor NHTSA have crash-tested the vehicle.) Beyond safety, the five-passenger wagon offers sophisticated European styling and generous cargo space -- 33.3 cubic feet with the rear seats in use or 71.1 cubic feet with the back seat folded down. The model also comes standard with six-speed automatic transmission, a 240-horsepower six-cylinder engine and a front-wheel drive system that gets 19 mpg/city and 25 mpg/highway. All-wheel drive and a 300-horsepower turbocharged engine are also available.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV