Starting MSRP: $22,795
TrueCar.com recently found that more mothers bought this crossover sport utility vehicle than any other model last year -- not surprising given that the CR-V and the rival Toyota RAV4 are basically the gold standard of mom-mobiles.
Crossovers such as the CR-V and RAV4 are perfect for families with kids.Built on a car chassis instead of the truck platform used by large SUVs, crossovers combine an automobile's smooth ride and good gas mileage with a big vehicle's roomy interior and "high-above-the-pavement" road view. The CR-V can comfortably accommodate four to five occupants and 37.2 cubic feet of cargo when the vehicle's rear seats are in use. Or you can fold the back seat flat to create a cavernous 70.9 cubic feet of storage space. Despite its generously sized cabin, the CR-V is still small enough to make parking or backing up fairly easy. Front-wheel-drive versions of the vehicle also get a good 23 mpg/city and 31 mpg/highway. In the safety department, the CR-V comes standard with a backup camera and other protective features, while NHTSA and the IIHS give the model top crash-test marks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV