TORONTO, May 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Sun Life Financial Inc. (TSX: SLF) (NYSE: SLF) today announced its intention to redeem all of the outstanding $350 million principal amount of Series 2008-2 Subordinated Unsecured 5.12% Fixed/Floating Debentures due 2018 (the "Debentures") in accordance with the redemption terms attached to the Debentures.
The Debentures are redeemable at Sun Life Financial Inc.'s option on June 26, 2013 (the "Redemption Date") at a redemption price per Debenture equal to the principal amount together with accrued and unpaid interest to the Redemption Date. Notice will be delivered to the holders of the Debentures in accordance with the terms outlined in the trust indenture governing the Debentures.
After the Debentures are redeemed, interest will cease to accrue from and after the Redemption Date and holders of Debentures will not be entitled to exercise any rights as holders other than to receive the redemption price.
About Sun Life Financial Sun Life Financial is a leading international financial services organization providing a diverse range of protection and wealth accumulation products and services to individuals and corporate customers. Sun Life Financial and its partners have operations in key markets worldwide, including Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, India, China, Australia, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia and Bermuda. As of December 31, 2012, the Sun Life Financial group of companies had total assets under management of $533 billion. For more information please visit www.sunlife.com.Note to Editors: All figures in Canadian dollars.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV