THE COLONY, Texas, May 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PIZZA INN HOLDINGS, INC. (Nasdaq:PZZI)
Third Quarter Highlights :
- EBITDA from continuing operations decreased $0.3 million to $0.1 million compared to the third quarter of fiscal 2012
- Net income decreased to a loss of $0.4 million compared to net income of $0.1 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2012
- The Company continues to grow the Pie Five concept: -- Company-owned restaurant sales increased 24.7% over the third quarter of fiscal 2012 to $2.1 million -- Two additional Pie Five Pizza Co. multi-unit franchise development agreements were awarded -- Company opened one additional Pie Five Pizza Co. restaurant
- Pizza Inn total domestic franchise same store sales decreased 8.1% compared to third quarter of fiscal 2012
- Company sold property in Little Elm, Texas for $0.2 million, contributing $0.1 million to the total net loss
Pizza Inn Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq:PZZI) today announced results for the third fiscal quarter ended March 24, 2013. Third quarter net income decreased to a loss of $0.4 million, or $0.05 per share, compared to net income of $0.1 million, or $0.01 per share, for the same quarter of the prior fiscal year. The decline in net income was primarily attributable to lower revenue earned from franchising, lower food and supply sales at Pizza Inn, higher costs related to the continued development of the Pie Five Pizza Co. concept and a loss on the sale of property in Little Elm, Texas when compared to the third quarter ended March 25, 2012.Third quarter revenues decreased to $9.8 million in fiscal 2013 compared to $10.6 million in the prior fiscal year. Third quarter food and supply sales decreased by approximately $1.2 million, or 15.0%, in fiscal 2013 compared to fiscal 2012 due primarily to a 14.7% decrease in total domestic franchise retail sales as the result of a decrease in both the average number of restaurants open and same store sales. Compared to the third quarter of fiscal 2012, Company-owned restaurant sales increased 24.7% to $2.1 million in the most recent quarter due primarily to new Pie Five restaurant openings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV