- Compelling PRIME Data, Calcitriol Manufacturing Submission Highlight Q1- - Company to expand business with DaVita via multi-year supply deal -
WIXOM, Mich., May 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Rockwell Medical, Inc. (Nasdaq:RMTI), a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company targeting end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and chronic kidney disease (CKD) with innovative products and services for the treatment of iron deficiency, secondary hyperparathyroidism and hemodialysis, reported financial results for the first quarter of 2013.
Q1 2013 Highlights
- Sales were $12.3 million, an increase of 2.6% over Q1 2012.
- Domestic sales increased 5.5% over Q1 2012.
- Gross profit decreased $300,000, primarily due to higher material and operational costs.
- Cash and investments aggregated $5.8 million as of March 31, 2013.
- Calcitriol (active vitamin D) injection data was submitted to FDA for manufacturing approval.
- PRIME clinical data showing 35% ESA reduction to be presented at upcoming ERA-EDTA, Istanbul, Turkey.
- CRUISE-1 top-line data projected Q3 2013; CRUISE-2 top-line data projected Q4 2013.