WOODSIDE, Calif., May 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GSV Capital Corp., ("GSV" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:GSVC), today reported financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2013.
"Dramatic growth and value creation are taking place in the private marketplace today, and GSV's value proposition enables investors to access many of the world's most dynamic, VC-backed companies," said Michael Moe, GSV's founder and Chief Executive Officer. "We are pleased with the growth and execution that our portfolio companies are delivering and we have great confidence in the long-term value that we believe is being created. In our opinion, the fundamentals of the companies in our portfolio remain very strong overall and we believe there are a number of potential catalysts on the horizon."
Portfolio as of March 31, 2013At March 31, 2013, the Company had positions in 45 portfolio companies at a fair value of $222.2 million. Additionally, the Company had cash and short-term investments of $22.8 million. Out of GSV's 45 portfolio companies, the top 10 investments represented 60.6% of net asset value, and the top three investments represented 28.9% of net asset value. Net assets totaled $245.1 million or $12.69 per share at March 31, 2013.
|Top Ten Investments at March 31, 2013|
|$ in millions||Fair Value||% of Net Asset Value|
|Twitter, Inc.||$ 35.2||14.4%|
|Palantir Technologies, Inc.||20.6||8.4|
|Violin Memory, Inc.||14.2||5.8|
|2U, Inc. (f/k/a 2tor, Inc.)||10.3||4.2|
|Avenues World Holdings LLC||10.0||4.1|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV