- Separations Media and Transportation and Industrial segments generate solid performance
- Electronics and Electric Drive Vehicles ("EDVs") segment experiences very weak lithium battery separator demand in January and February, followed by marked improvement in March which continued into the second quarter
- Recent ramp-up of two new battery production facilities and new vehicle launches in the EDV end market reinforce confidence in improved performance as the year progresses
CHARLOTTE, N.C., May 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Polypore International, Inc. (NYSE:PPO) today reported its financial results for the first quarter ended March 30, 2013:
- Sales were $163.5 million compared with $173.7 million in the prior-year period.
- Segment Operating Income was $28.3 million compared with $42.0 million in the prior-year period. A table showing the reconciliation of Segment Operating Income to U.S. GAAP amounts is included in this release.
- Adjusted Net Income and Adjusted EPS were $12.9 million and $0.27 per diluted share, compared with $22.3 million and $0.47 per diluted share in the prior-year period. Net income was $9.0 million or $0.19 per diluted share, compared with $18.8 million or $0.40 per diluted share in the prior-year period. A table showing the reconciliation of Adjusted Net Income and Adjusted EPS to U.S. GAAP amounts is included in this release.
Commenting on the first quarter, Robert B. Toth, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "Our Separations Media and Transportation and Industrial segments, which represent the majority of Polypore, delivered solid performance in the quarter. Sales in the Electronics and EDVs segment were challenging, with added pressure from customers carefully managing inventory in what was – for many – their fourth fiscal quarter of the year. Following a very weak January and February, we experienced improved order patterns in March and April and anticipate improving performance through the course of the year."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV