Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 11:15 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Thursday.
Sterne Agee made a bold call that MGM Resorts (MGM) is coming back. "I believe in this" company, Cramer said. "I want to buy MGM." MGM closed Thursday up 3% to $15.14.
On Continental Resources' (CLR) assets from the Bakken Shale, "people are saying it didn't have the growth that we wanted," Cramer said. "Remember, EOG Resources (EOG) has better assets but (Continental founder) Harold Hamm does a good job. I'd rather be in EOG," Cramer said. CR was 1.1% lower at $83.99.Speaking of a Credit Suisse report on Ingersoll-Rand (IR), Cramer said the "breakup value is immense, and this is the kind industrial [that] people are reaching for. I like the call." IR was up 1% to $55.87. Sales and marketing chief Scott Coleman at DuPont (DD) has done a great job, Cramer said. "I think this is finally in breakout mode." DD rose 1.2% to $55.38. As to AOL's (AOL) first-quarter earnings, Cramer said "a lot of people are saying AOL didn't have the numbers" but he talked to CEO Tim Armstrong. "Don't short this company," Cramer warned."They've got a lot of videos and a lot of advertising." AOL climbed 3.4% to $39.04. Salesforce.com (CRM) stock has been moribund lately, Cramer said. When Morgan Stanley says it's behind the company, "that may be more of a reaction to the horrible numbers at Rackspace (RAX), which turned out to be a commodity play, not a cloud play," Cramer said. CRM ended the day 1.8% higher at $43.15. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Anthony Buccino in New York. Follow @AnthonyBuccino
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV