3 Technology Stocks Dragging The Sector Down
2. As of noon trading, AOL ( AOL) is down $3.57 (-8.6%) to $37.85 on heavy volume Thus far, 2.4 million shares of AOL exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $36.70-$39.73 after having opened the day at $39.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.42. AOL Inc., a Web services brand company, offers a suite of online content, products, and services to consumers, advertisers, publishers, and subscribers worldwide. AOL has a market cap of $3.2 billion and is part of the internet industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 3.7, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 39.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates AOL as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full AOL Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts