3. As of noon trading, Fastenal Company ( FAST) is down $0.50 (-1.0%) to $48.14 on light volume Thus far, 545,770 shares of Fastenal Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $48.12-$48.82 after having opened the day at $48.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.64. Fastenal Company, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a wholesaler and retailer of industrial and construction supplies in the United States, Canada, and internationally. The company offers fasteners and other industrial and construction supplies under the Fastenal name. Fastenal Company has a market cap of $14.2 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 33.0, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Fastenal Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Get the full Fastenal Company Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts