2. As of noon trading, J.C. Penney ( JCP) is up $1.37 (8.35) to $17.77 on heavy volume Thus far, 20.0 million shares of J.C. Penney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 19.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $16.90-$17.88 after having opened the day at $16.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.40. J. C. Penney Company, Inc., through its subsidiary, J. C. Penney Corporation, Inc., operates department stores. The company sells family apparel and footwear, accessories, fine and fashion jewelry, beauty products, and home furnishings. J.C. Penney has a market cap of $3.7 billion and is part of the retail industry. Shares are down 16.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate J.C. Penney a buy, 5 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates J.C. Penney as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally high debt management risk. Get the full J.C. Penney Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts