Today's Top Performers In Materials & Construction
2. As of noon trading, Louisiana-Pacific ( LPX) is up $0.40 (2.12) to $19.28 on heavy volume Thus far, 2.1 million shares of Louisiana-Pacific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $19.03-$19.65 after having opened the day at $19.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.88. Louisiana-Pacific Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in manufacturing and distributing building products for new home construction, repair and remodeling, manufactured housing, and light industrial and commercial construction. Louisiana-Pacific has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 85.3, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Louisiana-Pacific a buy, 5 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Louisiana-Pacific as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Louisiana-Pacific Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts