3. As of noon trading, Novartis ( NVS) is up $1.59 (2.17) to $74.93 on heavy volume Thus far, 1.6 million shares of Novartis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $74.70-$75.27 after having opened the day at $74.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.34. Novartis AG engages in the research, development, manufacture, and marketing of a range of healthcare products worldwide. Novartis has a market cap of $179.3 billion and is part of the drugs industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.8, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 15.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Novartis a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Novartis as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Novartis Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts