1. As of noon trading, Wells Fargo ( WFC) is up $0.50 (1.30) to $38.60 on average volume Thus far, 10.5 million shares of Wells Fargo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 22.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $38.05-$38.67 after having opened the day at $38.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.10. Wells Fargo & Company provides retail, commercial, and corporate banking services. Wells Fargo has a market cap of $199.9 billion and is part of the banking industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.7, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Wells Fargo a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Wells Fargo as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full Wells Fargo Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the financial sector could consider Financial Select Sector SPDR ( XLF) while those bearish on the financial sector could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts