3. As of noon trading, MetLife ( MET) is up $0.26 (0.64) to $41.04 on light volume Thus far, 2.6 million shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $40.60-$41.20 after having opened the day at $40.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.78. MetLife, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs in the United States, Japan, Latin America, the Middle East, Asia, and Europe. MetLife has a market cap of $44.7 billion and is part of the insurance industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 34.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 23.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate MetLife a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates MetLife as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, increase in net income, revenue growth and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full MetLife Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts