3. As of noon trading, Financial Engines ( FNGN) is up $1.74 (4.65) to $39.15 on heavy volume Thus far, 423,097 shares of Financial Engines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 331,300 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $37.51-$39.30 after having opened the day at $38.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.41. Financial Engines, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides independent, technology-enabled portfolio management services, investment advice, and retirement income services to participants in employer-sponsored defined contribution plans. Financial Engines has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 99.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 32.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Financial Engines a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Financial Engines as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Get the full Financial Engines Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts