1. As of noon trading, International Paper ( IP) is up $0.30 (0.64) to $46.82 on light volume Thus far, 1.3 million shares of International Paper exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $46.27-$47.10 after having opened the day at $46.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.52. International Paper Company operates as a paper and packaging company in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia, and North Africa. International Paper has a market cap of $20.4 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.7, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 16.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate International Paper a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates International Paper as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, revenue growth and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full International Paper Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer non-durables industry could consider Consumer Staples Select Sector SPDR ( XLP) while those bearish on the consumer non-durables industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts