1. As of noon trading, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation ( CTSH) is up $2.62 (4.04) to $67.50 on heavy volume Thus far, 4.2 million shares of Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $65.16-$68.22 after having opened the day at $68.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $64.88. Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation provides information technology (IT), consulting, and business process outsourcing services worldwide. The company operates through four segments: Financial Services; Healthcare; Manufacturing, Retail, and Logistics; and Other. Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation has a market cap of $19.9 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 11.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 19 analysts that rate Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the computer software & services industry could consider iShares S&P NA Tech Software Idx ( IGV) while those bearish on the computer software & services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts