PLANO, Texas, May 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- To encourage women to take control of their health and an active role in breast cancer risk reduction, SunChips, the multigrain snack brand from PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division, is teaming up with Susan G. Komen® to launch a new educational website and support Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure events across the country – all to educate women about breast cancer. The relationship between the SunChips brand and Komen dates back to 2006, when the two first partnered to launch volunteer recognition program Hope Shines On.
As part of this year's partnership, the SunChips brand will donate more than $200,000 to Komen to educate consumers through three key activations:
- New educational website – www.komen.org/SunChips - Now through May 25, consumers can visit the new site to learn more about early detection. For each site visit, the SunChips brand will donate $1 to Komen, up to $50,000. The guaranteed minimum donation is $25,000.
- Race sponsorships and on-site education - As a National Series Sponsor of the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure series, the SunChips brand will sponsor 24 races across the country from May through October. Participants will have the opportunity to sample SunChips multigrain snacks and receive educational materials about early detection of breast cancer.
- Specially marked SunChips multigrain snack bags - During Breast Cancer Awareness month in October, consumers will be able to purchase specially marked bags of SunChips multigrain snacks featuring the Komen Running Ribbon and details about how to learn more about breast cancer. The SunChips brand will also donate $150,000 to Komen in October to help fund future research and screenings, for a total donation this year of more than $200,000.
"As a brand dedicated to helping our consumers live life to the fullest, we want to help raise awareness about breast cancer risk reduction and early detection," said Christine Allen, senior director of brand marketing, Frito-Lay. "It is our hope that through this renewed partnership with Komen, we can help educate and encourage women to continue taking control of their health."
An estimated 232,340 U.S. women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and nearly 40,000 will lose their battles with this disease. However, thanks to advances in screening and treatment, the five-year survival rate for women with breast cancer that has not spread beyond the breast is 98 percent, and there are now more than 2.9 million breast cancer survivors alive in the U.S.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV