Motor Press Guild Panel To Explore State Of The Aftermarket Industry May 14, 2013
LOS ANGELES, May 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Motor Press Guild (MPG), the largest automotive media association in North America, will host a panel on the future of the automotive aftermarket industry and car customization on May 14, moderated by USA TODAY auto writer, Chris Woodyard.
Will pricey chrome wheels and LED lights still turn heads? Can the aftermarket industry reignite the interest of teenagers in cars? To find out the answers to these questions and many others, the panel will hear from Pat Dougherty, Head of Parts Sales Operations for Chrysler Group's Mopar, Myles Kovacs, President and Co-Founder of DUB Magazine and Peter MacGillivray, Vice President of Communications and Events for the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA).
Many forecasting sources say that the general economy will see slow but steady growth over the next few years and reports indicate that the automotive aftermarket is likely to follow this trend as well. In fact, the 2012 SEMA Market Report notes that the aftermarket industry has seen a resurgence, with overall sales growth of five percent outpacing the general U.S. economy in 2011.
The discussion will also address where customization trends are headed and how automakers around the world are able to reach new customers through sales of accessories and other products.Details for the MPG Panel are as follows:
- Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 11:30 a.m.
- The Proud Bird Restaurant11022 Aviation Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90045
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV