BETHESDA, Md., May 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Inspired by the power of technology and ways to transform meetings for the people attending, Marriott Hotels, the signature brand of Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR), is introducing Red Coat Direct. With this first of its kind app, meeting organizers can now adjust and edit their meeting requests and preferences with a touch of a button and without ever leaving the meeting room. Red Coat Direct is the first branded hotel app to grant any meeting wish (within reason) from room temperature adjustments, to coffee refills or having lunch served earlier with an additional vegetarian dish. Rolling out at 350 Marriott Hotel properties in the US beginning in May, the Red Coat Direct app will be expanded to the brand's entire global portfolio of 500 hotels by the end of 2014.
"The way people work is more mobile and global, but until now, organizing meetings has been stuck in the past. We are rethinking all aspects of meetings from the physical space to the experience for both attendees and planners, and looking for ways to enable and inspire people to do their best work," said Peggy Roe, vice president, global operations services for Marriott Hotels. "Red Coat Direct's technology allows planners to continually adjust requests without missing a minute of their meeting or keeping other professionals waiting."
The app is personalized to the each organizer's specific meeting. Requests can be made up to three days before the meeting and then throughout the meeting. Once the request is made, it is routed to the event manager and the department that can fulfill the request. The app is available for all internet-enabled devices including iPhone, iPad, Android phones, Kindle Fire and laptops and will be available in 19 languages by 2014's global roll-out.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV