BRISTOL, Ind., May 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Visitors to the Restaurant Leadership Conference held last week in Scottsdale, Ariz., reviewed a new modular food truck design from Utilimaster, a subsidiary of Spartan Motors, Inc. (Nasdaq:SPAR). The design includes a commercial kitchen engineered specifically for franchise and owner operators. Utilimaster also announced its partnership with Mobi Munch, the nation's preferred services provider for restaurant brands looking to successfully navigate the ever-changing mobile dining landscape.
John Forbes, President of Utilimaster, said, "This new product line targets an exciting and rapidly growing new niche market that is ready for the innovative design, features and service that Utilimaster is known for. The growth in this market is driven by Americans that demand unique, fresh cuisine on the go, with a real emphasis on ethnic choices prepared in a clean, quality environment. Our new offering is an ideal solution for gourmet entrepreneurs, as it avoids the heavy fixed investment of a traditional storefront while opening up broad new markets, from sporting events and entertainment venues to college campuses and downtown office parks."
The new line of mobile kitchen solutions will be produced at Utilimaster's Bristol, Ind. Facility and offers a number of key features designed to meet the specific needs of the mobile restaurant market, including a perfect balance between operator safety, comfort and productivity, and the ability to offer the highest quality cuisine. The vehicle's array of highly differentiated, patent-pending features includes:
- A proven Utilimaster commercial-grade structure with industry-leading visibility and interior headroom
- Well-lit stations with high-intensity LED lights, modular kitchen design, and a heavy-duty Isuzu chassis that includes a nationwide support network
- Comfortable work environment with ample ventilation, superior headroom and a computerized point-of-sale station
- Significant storage space, with built-in bins, shelves, compartments and condiment station
- Top-of-the-line commercial-grade kitchen equipment, with a variety of power sources
- Modern customer interface, including ergonomic point-of--purchase stations, and flat panel menu boards
- Utilimaster nationwide parts support is easily accessed via an online parts store and quick VIN search
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts