TROY, Mich., May 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ViSalus, known for its mission of helping people transform their health and fitness through the Body By Vi™ 90-Day Challenge, announced first quarter 2013 sales of $104.3 million compared to $136.7 million for the same period last year. ViSalus had over 70,000 independent promoters at the end of the first quarter compared to over 92,000 promoters at the end of the prior year's first quarter.
Ryan Blair, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of ViSalus, commented, "As part of our focus on our core weight loss customer, we launched the New Body By Vi 90-Day Challenge during the first quarter of 2013. This initiative includes a 90-Day money back results guarantee and Project 10, in which we award a total of $10,000 every week to 10 people who have lost 10 pounds on the Challenge. We have seen positive early results of this program following our seasonal low point of the fourth quarter of 2012.
Mr. Blair Continued, "We believe that the launch of the New Challenge, coupled with our product development pipeline and the recent opening of the U.K. market, will ensure that there is substantial opportunity for our customers to achieve their health and wellness goals and for our Promoters to build their businesses with ViSalus."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV