CHARLOTTE, N.C., May 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UTC Aerospace Systems recently hosted the Rt Hon Michael Fallon MP Minister of State for Business and Energy at its Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, UK facility on May 7. The visit was an opportunity for UTC Aerospace Systems to update the Minister on the aerospace work being performed at the site and to officially open the redeveloped Technology House. The facility has approximately 160 employees, and is a new addition to the Hemel Hempstead business community having recently relocated. UTC Aerospace Systems is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
Business and Energy Minister Michael Fallon said, "Research and development has a crucial role to play in the long-term success of the UK's aerospace sector, which is why it features so heavily as part of our Aerospace Industrial Strategy developed by industry and Government through the Aerospace Growth Partnership.
"UTC Aerospace Systems' new state of the art facility is positive news for the local economy and demonstrates the confidence global businesses have in the UK as a place to do business and invest in new technologies to keep us at the forefront of this highly competitive global market."
"It's a privilege to host the Rt Hon Michael Fallon MP at the official opening of our new facility in Hemel Hempstead," said Gareth Morris, general manager for UTC Aerospace Systems, Motor Drive Systems Centre, Hemel Hempstead."A great deal of hard work and commitment has been shown by all our employees in establishing the new facility, which provides us with the infrastructure to continue to grow our capabilities in high performance power electronics and motor drive technologies. These will form a key element of the more efficient, greener aircraft of the future," he added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV