JACKSONVILLE, Fla., May 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Stein Mart, Inc. (Nasdaq:SMRT) today reported that total sales for the four-week period ended May 4, 2013 increased 1.6 percent and comparable store sales increased 8.0 percent.
The table below shows total sales for the period ended May 4, 2013 compared to the period ended April 28, 2012, while comparable store sales measures the period ended May 4, 2013 against the respective period ending May 5, 2012. Beginning with this release, our reported total sales include leased shoe department commissions.
|Total Sales (in millions)||Total Sales||Comparable Store Sales|
|April (4 weeks)||$99.2||$97.7||1.6%||8.0%||-1.6%|
|March-April (9 weeks)||$234.7||$227.7||3.1%||1.5%||-0.8%|
|Quarter-to-date (13 weeks)||$321.4||$309.7||3.8%||1.2%||-0.4%|
Linens, ladies' career sportswear and ladies' casual sportswear posted the strongest sales for the month, while dresses, ladies' accessories and men's sportswear were more challenged. Geographically, sales increased in every state except for Texas which was impacted by inclement weather. Our Southeast and Mid-Atlantic states performed the best."I am delighted with the strong increase in our April comp store sales," said Jay Stein, Chief Executive Officer. "As you know, our February and March sales were impacted by colder weather and the Easter calendar shift. Now that we are seeing warmer weather, our customers are responding well to our spring merchandise and we are truly satisfied with what this has done for our sales."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV