CLEVELAND, May 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. (NYSE: CLF) (Paris: CLF) today announced that its Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend on the Company's common shares of $0.15 per share. The cash dividend will be payable on June 3, 2013, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on May 17, 2013.
Cliffs' Board of Directors also declared a quarterly cash dividend on the Company's 7.00% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, Class A ("Series A preferred stock"), of $17.50 per share, which is equivalent to approximately $0.44 per depositary share, each representing 1/40 th of a share of Series A preferred stock. The cash dividend will be payable on Aug. 1, 2013 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on July 15, 2013.
Cliffs also announced that the following individuals were elected as directors of the Company at its Annual Meeting of Shareholders:
- Joseph A. Carrabba, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company
- Susan M. Cunningham, Senior Vice President of U.S. Gulf of Mexico, Africa and Frontier Region of Noble Energy Inc.
- Barry J. Eldridge, Former Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Portman Limited
- Andres R. Gluski, President and Chief Executive Officer of the AES Corporation
- Susan M. Green, Deputy General Counsel, U.S. Congressional Office of Compliance
- Janice K. Henry, Former Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Martin Marietta Materials, Inc.
- James F. Kirsch, Former Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Ferro Corporation
- Francis R. McAllister, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Stillwater Mining Company
- Richard K. Riederer, Chief Executive Officer of RKR Asset Management
- Timothy W. Sullivan, Former President, Chief Executive Officer and Director of Bucyrus International Inc.
- Approve on an advisory basis, of the Company's named executive officer compensation; and
- Ratify the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP as Cliffs' independent registered public accounting firm.
- An amendment to Cliffs' Second Amended Articles of Incorporation to adopt majority voting in uncontested director elections;
- An amendment to Cliffs' Second Amended Articles of Incorporation to eliminate cumulative voting in director elections; nor
- An amendment to Cliffs' Regulations to add a provision to allow the Board of Directors to amend the Regulations to the extent permitted under Ohio law.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV