VANCOUVER, May 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - GOLDCORP INC. (TSX: G, NYSE: GG) today announced that Russell Ball will join the Company's senior management team as Executive Vice President, Capital Management. Ball, 45, was most recently Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for Newmont Mining Corporation. In his new role, Ball will lead the focus on financial discipline within Goldcorp's project team as the Company continues to advance construction at Cerro Negro in Argentina, Éléonore in Quebec and Cochenour near Red Lake in Ontario. His group will also lead development at the Company's next generation of gold growth projects and work with Goldcorp's operations teams on project management at existing mines.
"With a capital spend of approximately $2.8 billion this year and continued capital investments in our future, Russell will help to ensure that Goldcorp's spending discipline and value creation are maximized across the Company," said Chuck Jeannes, Goldcorp President and Chief Executive Officer. "This will allow our project teams to focus on the critical job of project execution every day at every project."
Ball brings with him a vast knowledge of the mining industry and has worked as a financial executive in both projects and operations. Over his 19 years with Newmont, he worked in audit, finance, treasury and investor relations before joining the executive team as Chief Financial Officer in 2007. Prior to Newmont, Ball was a manager in the finance and audit groups with Pricewaterhouse Coopers in South Africa.
Born in South Africa, Ball holds a Chartered Account designation from South Africa and a Masters in Accounting from the University of Natal ( South Africa). He is also a Certified Public Accountant in Colorado.Goldcorp is one of the world's fastest growing senior gold producers. Its low-cost gold production is located in safe jurisdictions in the Americas and remains 100% unhedged.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV