NASA Extends Electrical Systems Engineering Services Contract
WASHINGTON, May 7, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- NASA has extended its interim contract with MEI Technologies Inc. of Houston for electrical systems engineering services.
The ordering period has been extended for five months from May 9 to Oct. 8. The maximum ordering value of this indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity contract has been increased by about $50 million to a total of about $287 million. This extension has been implemented to sustain performance until the Engineering Systems Engineering Services II follow-on contract is awarded.
Under this contract, MEI Inc. performs tasks that are necessary for the study, design, development, fabrication, integration, testing, verification, and operations of spaceflight, airborne, and ground system hardware and software. Contract responsibilities also include development and validation of new technologies to enable future space and science missions in support of the Applied Engineering and Technology Directorate at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md.Task orders issued under the contract provide critical support to a wide range of NASA's missions and projects including Global Precipitation Measurement, Magnetospheric MultiScale, Landsat Data Continuity Mission, James Webb Space Telescope, Soil Moisture Active-Passive, Soft X-Ray Spectrometer for the Astro-H mission, and the Advanced Topographic Laser Altimeter System. For information about NASA and agency programs, visit: http://www.nasa.gov SOURCE NASA
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV