SOUTHBOROUGH, Mass., May 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sevcon, Inc. (Nasdaq:SEV) reported financial results for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 ended March 30, 2013.
Second Quarter Fiscal 2013 Results Summary
- Revenues were $8.0 million, down from $10.1 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2012 but indicating a recovery from the $6.6 million recognized in the first quarter of fiscal 2013. This reflects a continuation of product demand fluctuations in most of the Company's markets that began in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012. Foreign currency exchange rates were similar to last year and had little effect on reported sales.
- Operating loss was $463,000, including a one-time restructuring charge of $605,000, compared with operating income of $695,000 in the second quarter last year, which included $110,000 in U.K. government grant income. This represents an improvement over the $1.2 million operating loss in the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
- The Company recorded an income tax benefit for the quarter of $638,000.
- Net income was $62,000 or $0.02 per share, compared with net income of $470,000, or $0.14 per diluted share, a year earlier and a net loss of $1.3 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
Six-Month Fiscal 2013 Results Summary
- Revenues were $14.6 million, compared with $18.6 million in the first six months of fiscal 2012. Foreign currency exchange rates were similar to last year and had little effect on reported sales.
- Operating loss was $1,648,000, which included a one-time restructuring charge of $605,000 in the second quarter, compared with operating income of $947,000 in the first six months of last year, which included $110,000 in U.K. government grant income.
- Net loss was $1.24 million, or $(0.37) per share, compared with net income of $754,000, or $0.22 per diluted share, for the first six months of fiscal 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV