MIDLAND, Texas, May 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Diamondback Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq:FANG) ("Diamondback" or the "Company") today announced financial and operating results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2013.
During the first quarter of 2013, net income was $5.4 million, or $0.15 per diluted share. Net income for the first quarter includes a net unrealized gain on commodity derivatives of $1.5 million ($1.0 million net of tax), or $0.03 per share. Without the impact of this item, net income for the first quarter of 2013 would have been $4.4 million, or $0.12 per share.
- The ST NW 2501H in Midland County, with a 4,451' lateral, was put on submersible pump and achieved a new peak 24 hour initial production ("IP") rate of 1,054 Boe/d, with a peak 30 day average IP rate of 655 Boe/d (90% oil).
- The Neal B Unit 8-2H in Upton County, with a 6,501' lateral, was put on submersible pump and achieved a peak 24 hour IP rate of 1,134 Boe/d (88% oil).
- Results from 8 horizontal Wolfcamp B wells have achieved peak 24 hour IP rates that averaged 836 Boe/d (87% oil) from lateral lengths that averaged 4,945'.
- Lease Operating Expense ("LOE") decreased 20% to $12.61/Boe in Q1 2013, from $15.68/Boe in Q4 2012, on a pro forma basis.
- Q1 2013 exit rate production was 5.5 MBoe/d, a 21% increase from the pro forma Q4 2012 exit rate. Oil exit rate increased 38% over the same period.
- Q1 2013 EBITDA was $20.3 million.
- Diamondback's borrowing base increased 33% to $180 million on May 6, 2013.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts