NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The Ira Sohn Conference is one of the biggest hedge fund conferences of the year. TheStreet will be live-blogging the event, giving you updates from luminaries such as Jeffery Gundlach, Bill Ackman, David Einhorn and others.
The six-hour Ira Sohn Conference puts a shine on the investment ideas of billionaire investors. Just last year, Doubleline Capital's Gundlach announced he was short Apple (AAPL) as part of a pair trade with natural gas, which has turned out to be correct. Earlier this year, he said Apple would plummet to $425, which proved to be a prescient call.
On the other side of Apple is Greenlight Capital's Einhorn, who until recently, was entangled with Apple and its management team, asking for the Cupertino, Calif.-based tech giant to return more cash to shareholders to help boost its lagging stock price. Apple recently boosted its buyback and dividend, which Einhorn approved of. At the 2011 conference, Einhorn and hinted that he was buying a minority portion of the New York Mets for $200 million, and called for Microsoft (MSFT) CEO Steve Ballmer to resign.The live-blog will start at 11:30 A.M., with TheStreet giving you first-hand accounts of what these investing luminaries have to say. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV