SEATTLE, May 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nearly two hundred coaches and community leaders on Tuesday ( May 7) participated in the final installment of a national effort to draft a new game plan to develop, mentor and lead young men.
The series, entitled A Call To Coaches: Your Voice Counts, has engaged more than 1,000 coaches in Charlotte, N.C., Baltimore and Seattle to help them and community leaders build youths' character in an effort to help prevent relationship and domestic violence.
Hosted by the Verizon Foundation and A CALL TO MEN, the effort has garnered support from key members of the athletic community, including CBS sportscaster James Brown, Seattle Seahawks left tackle Russell Okung, former Seahawks quarterback Jon Kitna, Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback William Gay, Baltimore Ravens defensive lineman Chris Canty, Carolina Panthers head coach Ron Rivera and NFL Players Association representative Willis Whalen. These advocates – including Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson – have stressed the importance of coaches and community leaders using their unique position to cultivate men who value women as equals and treat women and men with respect on and off the field.
"For many athletes, especially young men, their coach is someone they deeply respect and admire," said Brown. "Coaches are role models, and they have a tremendous opportunity to teach youths not only about teamwork and game strategies, but also important life lessons of what healthy manhood looks like. It's wonderful to see how many coaches and community leaders across the country are taking that responsibility seriously."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV