BETHESDA, Md., May 7, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- To help organizations defend against cyber attackers, SANS will host SANSFIRE 2013 training, June 14 – 22 in Washington, DC. Students will have the opportunity to learn the latest techniques for protecting data in their organizations from some of the world's top information security practitioners.
"Virtual system security is critical to our environment today. There is no other source for this type of training. SANS is it with SEC579: Virtualization and Private Cloud Security," said John Corey with Sealed Air, a previous SANSFIRE student. Alex Rams, with BCU, adds "Whether you are a seasoned Pen-Tester or looking to change careers, this course (SEC560) has a great content!"
Each evening the Incident Storm Center (ISC) handlers will share riveting talks on their most interesting experiences and newest cyber hazards. There will also be timely SANS@Night talks presented by SANS' top instructors. These special presentations are free to everyone who takes a course at SANSFIRE 2013.
Evening talks include the following:
- State of the Internet Panel Discussion hosted by Dr. Johannes Ullrich, ISC Director and Marcus Sachs, ISC Director Emeritus
- Defensive Reading: Understanding Online News – Richard Porter, ISC Handler
- Memory Analysis with Volatility – Russ McRee, ISC Handler
- Offensive Digital Forensics – Alissa Torres, SANS Certified Instructor
- Securing The Kids – Lance Spitzner, SANS Certified Instructor