Mayor Michael Bloomberg Announces The Launch Of Urban Compass, A Platform That Changes How People Find A Home In New York City And Connect With The World Around Them
NEW YORK, May 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mayor Bloomberg visited Urban Compass today to announce the company's beta launch. Urban Compass is building a platform to help people connect with the world around them by harnessing local expertise. They're starting by helping people find a great place to live in New York City.
"We think there's a huge opportunity in the local discovery space. But it's a complex problem that technology can't solve by itself. In order to truly connect with the world around us, we need to make sense of both the online and offline components of local discovery," said Founder and Executive Chairman Ori Allon.
"Finding a new home is about much more than moving into a new space; it's about becoming part of a neighborhood, joining a community of people and local businesses, and sharing local knowledge. These connections all start with where you live, and so Urban Compass is starting there," continued Allon."Urban Compass aims to make it easier for people to find the right place to live in New York City, and they've landed in one of the hottest high-tech communities anywhere," said Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg. "The innovative companies that make up New York City's thriving tech industry are changing the way New Yorkers do everything, and along the way they're also boosting our economy and creating jobs." Urban Compass is making it easier for people to find a home they love, by combining transparent online search with a team of local experts.
- Bringing the process online. The platform is an end-to-end solution that takes a user through the whole process of securing a home. People can search listings, schedule viewings and apply for a home, all online.
- Local knowledge at the core. Our Neighborhood Specialists are local experts who can show customers around the homes and neighborhoods they love. They're paid based on customer satisfaction and not on commission, so they care about helping customers find the perfect home. Online neighborhood guides help people figure out which areas are right for them before they search, and get the most out of their new home after they move in.
- Urban Compass Network. We are building a platform to help people connect with the world around them: a community of people and local businesses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV