Neal: Our 3-Year In-Home Repair Protection Agreement adds $99.99.
Neal: Our 2-Year In-Home Repair Protection Agreement add $59.99.
Neal: Which one shall I add to the cart, Robert?
Robert Weinstein: no thanks, after 5 years I will be replacing it anyway
Neal: Robert, I would suggest you to add the 2 year warranty for just $59.99 as you are getting $74 as a refund for this gas grill.
Robert Weinstein: well, i don't think of it as a refund, because the price was 399 and at 474 I wasn't going to buy it
Neal: I do understand your concern, Robert. I am providing the refund as it is an one time exception. The sale on this grill has already ended.
Neal: Shall I add the Protection Agreement?
After the website error frustration, I then had the pleasure of repeating myself for the third time that I didn't want an extended warranty. Neal relented and let me have the grill without an extended warranty.
And what does a "one time exception" mean to Sears? If its website doesn't honor a legitimate sales price in the future, I shouldn't bother contacting customer service because I already used up my "one-time exception" to receive the correct price?
Unfortunately, Neal and Sears weren't finished with me. Even though Sears offers free shipping, Neal tried to create a delivery date of Saturday for an extra $10. Also, he told me I can't use the points I earned from previous purchases at Sears on this order. My order is completed, and I have (mostly) the sales price, and after being advised that it will take two weeks before I receive the grill (I live about four miles from Sears), I changed the order to in-store pickup.OK, so we've all had our Neals to deal with, and even after spending over an hour ordering a grill that could be ordered with free two-day delivery at Amazon (at a higher price), but wasn't available at Wal-Mart or Sam's Club, I drove to Sears the next day to pick up the grill.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV