Unasked Question No. 4 -- Missed Deals?
Over the past five years, you have mentioned that a number of deals that you worked on have never come to pass. I assume you signed confidentiality agreements in which you can't disclose the names of the companies. What industries did you pursue and why? What is it about the deals that attracted you and what business qualities/profiles were you looking for? If they don't have something in common, can you pick one, even the most important one that you missed and didn't get?
Unasked Question No. 5 -- Regrets?
Q: Mae West also said, "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."But everyone has regrets. What business regrets do you have?
Unasked Question No. 6 -- Is Your Optimism Justified?Mark Twain said, "The man who is a pessimist before the age of 40 knows too much -- if he is an optimist after it, he knows too little." You seem to be growing more optimistic with age. In a new normal world, what do you see that makes you so optimistic?
SummaryBased on my previous company analysis, the recent quarterly results and after listening to the response to my questions from Charlie and Warren on Saturday, I remain resolute in my view, and I plan to remain short on Berkshire's shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV