COLUMBIA, Md. (TheStreet) -- Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR) CEO Randy Mills, speaking to investors on his company's first-quarter conference call Tuesday morning about Prochymal, a stem cell therapy for graft-versus-host disease:
We have made Prochymal by far -- by far -- the most widely used stem cell drug in the world. So, we regularly and constantly treat patients now on four different continents and are literally treating a patient with Prochymal anywhere around the world at any given time of the day.
Prochymal is the most widely used stem cell drug in the world? Really?
Mills has a different definition of "widely used" than most investors.Prochymal sales since the stem cell drug was approved in Canada in May 2012 and New Zealand in June 2012: $0. Reimbursement process in Canada: Incomplete. Update on Prochymal confirmatory trial, which is required as part of Canadian approval: Incomplete. Status of long-delayed plans to submit Prochymal for U.S. approval: On permanent hold. -- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston. Follow @AdamFeuerstein
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV