3. As of noon trading, AvalonBay Communities ( AVB) is up $1.59 (1.22) to $132.35 on light volume Thus far, 273,164 shares of AvalonBay Communities exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 953,600 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $130.54-$132.67 after having opened the day at $130.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $130.76. AvalonBay Communities, Inc. engages in the development, redevelopment, acquisition, ownership, and operation of multifamily communities in the United States. AvalonBay Communities has a market cap of $16.8 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 47.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 3.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate AvalonBay Communities a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates AvalonBay Communities as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full AvalonBay Communities Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts