1. As of noon trading, Carnival Corporation ( CCL) is up $0.27 (0.77) to $35.32 on light volume Thus far, 1.7 million shares of Carnival Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $35.12-$35.47 after having opened the day at $35.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.05. Carnival Corporation operates as a cruise and vacation company worldwide. The company operates in two segments, North America; and Europe, Australia, and Asia. Carnival Corporation has a market cap of $20.9 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 4.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Carnival Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Carnival Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Get the full Carnival Corporation Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the leisure industry could consider PowerShares Dynamic Leisure&Entert ( PEJ) while those bearish on the leisure industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Services ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts