4. As of noon trading, Joy Global ( JOY) is up $1.31 (2.23) to $60.02 on average volume Thus far, 1.1 million shares of Joy Global exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $58.80-$60.50 after having opened the day at $58.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.71. Joy Global Inc. engages in the manufacture and servicing of mining equipment for the extraction of coal, copper, iron ore, oil sands, and other minerals. It operates in two segments, Underground Mining Machinery and Surface Mining Equipment. Joy Global has a market cap of $6.1 billion and is part of the industrial industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 43.3, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 7.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Joy Global a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Joy Global as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Get the full Joy Global Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts