2. As of noon trading, Valero Energy Corporation ( VLO) is up $0.77 (2.01) to $39.15 on average volume Thus far, 5.5 million shares of Valero Energy Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $38.34-$39.23 after having opened the day at $38.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.38. Valero Energy Corporation operates as an independent petroleum refining and marketing company. The company operates through three segments: Refining, Ethanol, and Retail. Valero Energy Corporation has a market cap of $20.8 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Valero Energy Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Valero Energy Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Valero Energy Corporation Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts