ST. PETERSBURG, Fla., May 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Duke Energy Foundation announced today it will provide $260,000 to seven charitable organizations in Florida, the first of several grants the foundation will award in Florida this year.
A majority of the awards will fund K-12 science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) initiatives at the Foundation for Orange County Public Schools, the Polk Education Foundation, the Orlando Science Center and the Science Center of Pinellas County.
"Every dollar we contribute to education is an investment in the future of our state," said Alex Glenn, Duke Energy state president – Florida. "We are proud to support programs that help teachers and engage and excite students about energy, math and science and lay the foundation for our future leaders in these fields."Duke Energy will invest in the following organizations:
- $75,000 to the Orlando Science Center
- $50,000 to the Foundation for Orange County Public Schools
- $50,000 to the Polk Education Foundation and Business Partnership Inc
- $35,000 to DonorsChoose.org
- $25,000 to the Science Center of Pinellas County Inc
- $15,000 to the Mexico Beach Artificial Reef project
- $10,000 to the Homeless Emergency Project Inc
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts