LAS VEGAS, May 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC WORLD --
- Updates to EMC Isilon's OneFS scale-out NAS operating system are designed to heighten efficiency and compliance for enterprise customers while supporting next-generation cloud, analytics and mobile workflows.
- Integration with EMC ViPR Software-Defined Storage offers access to object storage APIs from Amazon S3, EMC Atmos and others, catering to cloud-based applications and workflows.
- Isilon will add Hadoop HDFS 2.0 integration to enable Big Data analytics, which will also support Pivotal HD.
Connect with us at EMC World 2013:
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2013 happenings visit EMC World vPass
- Live streaming: To view video of EMC World keynotes, general sessions, Backstage sessions, and EMC TV coverage, visit www.emc.com/emcworld2013
- Social: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld and @EMCCorp, joining conversations with #EMCWORLD, and like EMC on Facebook
- Photos: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your pictures with 'EMC World'
Full Story:At EMC World 2013, EMC (NYSE:EMC) today announced that it is preparing the next version of its EMC ® Isilon ® OneFS ® scale-out NAS operating system. Building on the successful late-2012 launch of OneFS 7.0 ("Mavericks"), the next version of Isilon's industry-leading operating system will extend customers' ability to harness the transformational power of Big Data. The new version will include data deduplication capabilities, audit and security features, as well as enhancements for object-oriented storage, Hadoop HDFS 2.0 and Syncplicity ® enterprise file sharing. These new capabilities will enable enterprises to extend the unmatched scalability and efficiency of Isilon's solutions to meet an ever-broadening range of next-generation cloud-based, Big Data analytics and mobile workflows and applications. The enterprise storage landscape is rapidly transforming as traditional IT requirements for data protection, security and performance combine with the challenges of managing large, rapidly growing file-based and unstructured "big data" environments. Isilon's scale-out NAS solutions, long the standard for massively scalable, highly efficient storage that is simple to manage, will now incorporate the type of efficiency, compliance and security features that enterprises need to leverage the transformative power of big data while meeting essential large-scale corporate IT requirements.